Citizen Outreach Internship
The Governor’s Citizen Outreach Internship is currently filled. Please do not submit applications at this time.
Governor Tim Pawlenty’s Office has three unpaid internships available during each semester. Each individual selected to be an intern in the Citizen Outreach Department of the Governor’s Office will partake in a variety of activities and events. Because of the nature of Citizen Outreach, each intern will witness how the Governor’s Office handles questions, concerns, and complaints. Therefore, each intern will gain an invaluable experience of learning first hand the current issues and hot topics in the state of Minnesota as well as what happens ‘behind the scenes.’
- Drafting and documenting birthday, anniversary, and Eagle Scout requests, etc.
- Documenting the various calls that our comment line receives daily.
- Drafting the first rough draft of various letters that will be sent out on behalf of the Governor to different organizations/schools/companies.
- Opportunity to gain valuable insight and gain ‘behind the scenes’ view at operations of state government.
- Receive valuable experience which can be applied to a future career path.
Excellent reading, writing, and computer skills with attention to detail; Junior or Senior preferred; ability to work well with others; work at least 10 hours per week; Political Science/Government/Pre-Law/Economics/Public Policy majors preferred; a self-starter with great interest in state government operations; Minnesota connection a definite plus.