Rep. Jim Davnie
(Winkler): Legalization of Adult-Use Cannabis
PLEASE NOTE: Testimony, amendments and discussion will be limited to the provisions of
within the jurisdiction of the Education Finance Committee. The deadline to get amendments to the Committee Administrator is 10:30 am on Wednesday, April 21st.
The relevant provisions are as follows:
• Sec. 4 – legislative report on funding recommendations (particularly (e) (8) (i and iv)
• Sec. 8 – prohibition of adult use on school grounds (particularly subdivision 1 sec 4)
• Sec. 14 – prohibition on business operations near a school (particularly subdivision 4)
• Sec. 46 – consumption prohibition provisions relating to medical cannabis (particularly subdivision 2)
• Sec. 47 – protections for medical cannabis registry program participants (particularly subdivision 3)
• Sec. 5 – striking language in subdivision 1, sec. 4
• Sec. 9 – cannabis sale crimes (particularly subdivision 1, sec. 3 & 5, subdivision 2, sec. 3)
• Sec. 3 – education on cannabis use and substance use
• Sec. 4 – reporting on underage substance use
• Sec. 5 – public health youth education on substance use (particularly subdivision 1)
• Sec. 14 – employee testing exceptions (particularly subdivision 9)
*more items may be added to the agenda*
Instructions to the public on testimony:
• Testimony will be taken on a first come basis and will only relate to the sections of the bill that are specified. If you wish to testify on this bill, please contact email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Wednesday April 21st to get instructions. Clearly indicate you'd like to testify on
in the subject of your email.
• Written testimony is welcome, please see the template saved under permanent committee documents and use that to submit your comments by 5pm Wednesday, April 21st to email@example.com
This remote hearing is taking place pursuant to Rule 10.01.
This remote hearing may be viewed via the House webcast schedule page: https://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/htv/schedule.asp
Note: HTV 1 and HTV 2 will provide live closed captioning. Video archives of meetings streamed on HTV 3, 4, and 5 will have closed captions added. Other reasonable accessibility accommodations may be made with advance notice.
If you have questions about the accessibility of remote hearings or require an accommodation, please contact Jenny Nash at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a message at 651-296-4122. Do not contact Jenny about the content of this meeting.Committee Documents: AgendaHF600_HRD SummaryHF600_Combined Letters & Written TestimonyHF600_4E_Fiscal Note