Iron Range Off-Highway Vehicle Recreation Area Local Advisory Committee
Also known as:
Iron Range Off-Highway Vehicle Recreation Area Citizen's Advisory Committee
Function: Provide direction on the establishment, planning, development, and operation of the Iron Range off-highway vehicle recreation area. The commissioner and the local area advisory committee shall cooperatively develop a comprehensive management plan that provides for: (1) multiple use recreation for off-highway vehicles; (2) protection of natural resources; (3) limited timber management; (4) land acquisition needs; and (5) road and facility development. The completed management plan shall serve as the master plan for purposes of Minnesota Statutes, section 86A.09.
As of 1996, 9 members; most appointed by commissioner of natural resources.
Membership on the advisory committee shall include:
(1) a representative of the all-terrain vehicle association of Minnesota;
(2) a representative of the amateur riders of motorcycles association;
(3) a representative of the Minnesota four-wheel drive association;
(4) a representative of the St. Louis county board;
(5) a state representative appointed by the speaker of the house of representatives;
(6) a state senator appointed by the senate committee on committees;
(7) a designee of the local environmental community selected by the area environmental organizations;
(8) a designee of the local tourism community selected by the iron trail convention and visitors bureau; and
(9) a representative of the Tower regional office of the department of natural resources.
Record last updated:
Additional print information on this group may be available in the
Library's collection of agency notebooks. Please contact a librarian for
assistance. The Minnesota Agencies database is a work in progress.